The Cross Connections 2018 International Exhibition of Design & Illustration is a global collaborative project and invitational exhibition and juried competition that will run Sept. 5 to Oct. 24 at the Brownsville Museum of Fine Art.
The exhibition was initiated in 2008 and held in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013 in more than 10 universities around the world. The exhibition promotes creativity, innovation, and the trends of international visual communication design and aims to inspire and educate through active engagement.
Please join us Sept. 5, 6 p.m. for the opening reception.
Hosted and curated by the UTRGV School of Art, UTRGV College of Fine Arts, and 10 higher education institutions from around the world, the exhibit consists of a selection of 96 artworks in a wide range of visual art forms, including 80 print-based works and 16 screen-based works. They showcase a fusion of cross country, cross culture, cross discipline, and cross conceptual contemporary design.
The exhibition provides an in-depth look at visual art professionals and future artists working today and will be on display at the following participating institutions of higher education in Fall 2018:
• Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, China (CAFA)
• Luxun Academy of Fine Arts, Dalian, China (LAFA)
• LUCA School of Arts, Ghent, Belgium (LUCA)
• Ming Chuan University, Taipei, Taiwan (MCU)
• National Design Institute Moscow, Russia (NDI)
• School of The Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC)
• Shanghai University, Shanghai, China (SHU)
• Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Morelos, Mexico (UAEM)
• The University of South Alabama (USA)
• The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA)
To learn more, contact the UTRGV School of Art at 956-665-3480 or the Brownsville Museum of Fine Art at 956-542-0941.
Wednesday, October 24
Brownsville Museum of Fine Art 660 Ringgold St., Brownsville, Texas 78520
Login to interact with events, personalize your calendar, and get recommendations.